PDA

View Full Version : Adding a downloads section?

Horus
03-27-2004, 11:20 AM
What about adding a downloads section? To my opinion it could be a good addition to the site, making it more complete

Possible things to add could be:

The latest Patches

Apm programs like War3Chart and WGMaster (to many people asking these day where to find it),

Warcraft Zei

VOD programs.

Wallpapers

Funny screenshots

Other programs which have to do with Warcraft 3.

Let me know what you think. It is just an idea. I probably have missed quite some other important things to add so tell me what you would like to see.

siLk
03-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Hrm, we already have areas for the important things such as Zeis program, and all the patches. There is really no reason to host these ourselves as it just wastes more bandwidth (which we already go through quickly!). Funny screenshots can be attached in a thread, as can wallpapers. The VoD programs have been answered 100 times and any quick search on these forums should result in many threads answering that question, as well as links to it.

IMO, the current files hosted and links already provided are pretty good, adding more would just create some more work that is not really needed I think. But i'll wait to see what other people say as well, although I can tell you right now we won't be hosting any more of the files than we currently do.

RainVision
03-27-2004, 12:50 PM
I agree with Silk. We already host most of the important things needed and as it is we go through a lot of bandwidth really quick.

This month we have used almost 900GB of bandwidth and that is a huge amount compared to a lot of other sites.

Temari
03-27-2004, 01:21 PM
Thread closed, you have your answer.

:lock:

Selquist
04-14-2004, 08:24 AM
If u got some people donating money then maybe u could get more bandwith?

~_~

WC_ASD
04-14-2004, 09:14 AM
its alright as of now, or else the entire forum board download thing was pointless~

Dominium
04-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Just goto my thread...-_-