PDA

View Full Version : My First Photoshop Creation

Genova
05-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey Guys... I know my signature is not to great, being that it is my first photoshop endeavor, but I feel like i accomplished something because I made it from scratch, anyways give me some input on what you think. :clown:

Baba~
05-05-2004, 11:26 PM
I think it's great. The text looks good, and the background looks very professional.

Keep up the good work and KEEP PRACTICING!!!

Messing around in Photoshop is the #1 thing you can do to get better. You'll forget tutorial steps in a jiffy, but if you figure it out on your own, it'll stick with you and you can build on it a lot.

OneBoredColeman
05-05-2004, 11:56 PM
It's decent for a first attempt. Here are some thoughts on it:
1: Stay away from Bevel/Emboss!! Worst/Newbiest thing in the program. You'll find new ways of making your images look good. Until then, stay away.
2: The contrast is rather high. You'll want to create a nice blend that doesn't burn people's eyes. ;)
3: Stretchy. Seems like you took a picture and stretched it to fit the image. You should find a larger source picture (or better yet, make your own) rather than stretchign and distorting it.

Overall, it's not bad. You managed to stick with a color scheme consistantly, which I commend you for. There are definitely some lesser-quality works by first-timers.

WC_ASD
05-06-2004, 04:10 AM
the stroke is a bit too big for my taste aswell

Quickie
05-06-2004, 06:11 AM
The text is huge and the "Genova" is a little to blurry.
Good start though.

Genova
05-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Thanks alot, I made this from scratch by following a tutorial and i had to stretch it because i did not want to cause it to be to big. I think it was 500x165 when I was creating it but I felt that it was to big for a signature after looking at it.. I have problems working in small areas when creating pictures like these. :disgust: Thanks for all your comments :lol: .