PDA

View Full Version : Replay Hirings! Again!

7smurfs
01-28-2008, 09:40 PM
That's right, we here at WCR are looking for some new staff members, and if you enjoy watching replays, this could be the perfect way for you to give back to the community!

What we're looking for is people who like watching replays and are able to write up a short summary to help our members know what the game's all about, which is now optional. For the application process we will require you to write up one to showcase your writing ability. I'm sure most of you know how this process works, but if not, here's how it goes:

If you'll be able to upload at least 5 replays per week, then you should send your application to applications@wcreplays.com with the following information:

- Name
- WCR Handle (forum name)
- Contact Information (AIM, MSN, ICQ or IRC)
- Why should we pick you?
- Why would you like the job?
- Sample Description

While all information is needed, the most important thing is the sample description. Applications without all the information, especially the sample description, will NOT be considered. While length is good, we're looking for people who have a solid grasp of the English language and can cover the key points of a game in a short but informative manner.

Sample descriptions should not be more than two paragraphs. Just provide a summary like you would if it was being prepped for the front page. For the replay itself, just pick any recent game from the top replay section and include a link in the email.

You have until February 10th to get your application in. That's PLENTY of time to get your applications in, but don't wait until the last minute. We will be contacting each applicant as we obtain emails. You will receive a reply if you have not been considered for the position. If we fill the open positions we may ask if you'd like to be contacted when a spot is opened.

Please use "Replay Staff Application" for the subject of your email. We cannot view your application otherwise due to spam that we receive in the application email.

This position, like all others at the site, is strictly voluntary. You will not receive any payment, but will have access to the same site benefits that all staff members do.

Be sure you can submit replays via the Member Replays section. If you cannot, you won't be able to use the real one and joining Replay Staff would be pointless. The link is here (http://www.wcreplays.com/mwcrdesc.html).

---
We are looking for people with a strong work ethic and invite each replay department member to contribute their ideas and personalities to our cause. Please note that when sending this in, you should keep in mind that your work will be viewed by thousands of people, and your writing should reflect that.

One of the benefits to working for WCReplays is that it will educate you in public relations, presenting your ideas, participating in a staff, creating responsibility for your schedule and has the potential to positively impact your growth as a person. The job gives you a chance to build a network of friends that extends beyond the site.

Hope to see you apply!

Ciel
01-30-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd apply for sure! But News Staff are better!

alddon
01-30-2008, 01:23 PM
by saying "If you'll be able to upload at least 5 replays per week" u mean ppl will have to find their own replays? or they ll take the replays from admins?

Ciel
01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
You can use replays from other sites and ones that people in the Replay Submitters forum gorup submit to you, as far as I know.

UnlockTheArcane
01-30-2008, 08:59 PM
One of the benefits to working for WCReplays is that it will educate you in public relations, presenting your ideas, participating in a staff, creating responsibility for your schedule and has the potential to positively impact your growth as a person. The job gives you a chance to build a network of friends that extends beyond the site.

Hope to see you apply!
Word.

jUsTaNoTheRoNe
01-31-2008, 02:23 AM
Well i might be able to be and i want to be staff. But do we have to give our name/age?

fridginators
01-31-2008, 06:49 AM
- Name
- WCR Handle (forum name)
- Contact Information (AIM, MSN, ICQ or IRC)
- Why should we pick you?
- Why would you like the job?
- Sample DescriptionLulz. Oh yeah.
WCR: It's better than a Degree:).

Replay Staff is a great opportunity to give back to the community without having to have any real talent (unlike Shoutcasters :)). Seriously though, all of our Replay Staffers love the job, it's not too hard, and it really is a great service, because even though a lot of us love the forum, we all originally came here, and still do come here for Replays.

SuBVerSa
01-31-2008, 10:57 AM
When do we get the response of whether are we considered for the position or not?

7smurfs
01-31-2008, 12:08 PM
When do we get the response of whether are we considered for the position or not?As soon as we decide we want you you will be contacted for an interview. This may take a few weeks. We are unlikely to begin contacting people before the end of the application deadline.

qcy
01-31-2008, 12:21 PM
not to be a wise-ass or something...but why do u call it hirings, if there isn't any payment involved...

7smurfs
01-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Your payment is a green name and a sexy avatar as well as the rewarding feeling of helping the community. :)

Lockon
01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Even though this is just a volunteer scenario, they are still hirings because we're seeking people to help work with us.

Lockon
01-31-2008, 02:51 PM
I would also like to emphasize that we really do need you to use "Replay Staff Application" for the subject of your email. We receive over 9,000 spam emails over the course of a week, and won't be able to find your email unless it uses that subject.

Kiezel
02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
How strict is that 5 replays a week thing?
I don't see all the current replay staff submitting 5 replays a week.

Ciel
02-01-2008, 11:54 AM
that is... a lot of spam. why don't you just change the address oO?

It's not the address itself, it's the fact that it's listed on the forum. What the actual address is doesn't contribute to the spam they get.

pascal3000
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
How strict is that 5 replays a week thing?
I don't see all the current replay staff submitting 5 replays a week.

Who doesnt? Lockon and 7smurfs are leading the replay section, setting things up, so they are not counted in, me, shackle and unlock do fullfill the quota and popasmurf sometimes does and sometimes doesnt, but has uploaded tons in the past, so its ok i guess.

qcy
02-01-2008, 01:56 PM
is that ok? so a surgeon can save many people in the beginning of his career, to later, when he got old and sloppy mess up big time and kill dozens without any concequence?! imo people who dont do their job--->out!

ps: dont get me wrong, i don't want popasmurf to get ''fired''

SuBVerSa
02-01-2008, 03:09 PM
is that ok? so a surgeon can save many people in the beginning of his career, to later, when he got old and sloppy mess up big time and kill dozens without any concequence?! imo people who dont do their job--->out!

could anyone make a more stupid analogy?

qcy
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
...and that, children, is what we call an oxymoron. :p:
had to look that up :p....anyway, it kinda is, but it's because i dont rly care ofcourse if he can keep the ''job'' or not, but it is stupid that for the new ''hirings'' there are certain requirements, while the current staff does not fulfill those

could anyone make a more stupid analogy?:
I dare you!

SuBVerSa
02-01-2008, 05:29 PM
had to look that up :p....anyway, it kinda is, but it's because i dont rly care ofcourse if he can keep the ''job'' or not, but it is stupid that for the new ''hirings'' there are certain requirements, while the current staff does not fulfill those

I dare you!
Well, you beat me to that..

But anyway, it's a common knowledge that new ppl to work have to work harder to prove themselves, upper ranked workers can slack more than them.

qcy
02-01-2008, 05:42 PM
that is indeed the sad world we live in! but because this is completely on a voluntary basis u would expect more motivation and devotion, why slack when u completely chose to do what u r doing

7smurfs
02-01-2008, 07:46 PM

Your analogy fails miserably. A more appropriate analogy would be a surgeon that saves tones of lives in the beginning of his career, but then sees fewer and fewer patients as his career progresses.

Now then, as Lockon and I lead this department we will be making decisions as to whether or not this is acceptable. :)

PS: If I sound harsh, I apologize. I did not intend for it to come off that way.

qcy
02-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Your analogy fails miserably. A more appropriate analogy would be a surgeon that saves tones of lives in the beginning of his career, but then sees fewer and fewer patients as his career progresses.

Now then, as Lockon and I lead this department we will be making decisions as to whether or not this is acceptable. :)

PS: If I sound harsh, I apologize. I did not intend for it to come off that way.
i guess u r right about the analogy, and maybe yours is the better comparison, but mine is more spectacular! but to continue on yours...fact stays that the surgeon is lacking, and that there are other surgeons who would save more lives than he is doing at the moment, so should u still keep the under-achieving surgeon for old times sake, or do u get rid of him in order to create an opening for someone who will do better?

Lockon
02-01-2008, 09:46 PM
We use a special tool to check the stats of each replay staff member at the end of each week. It has been out of commission since the launch of the new front page and site, so now we're working with <3Chicas to get it up and going again soon.

I should note that when select members of the staff upload masses of replays, we don't hold others accountable for the 5 replay minimum since that wouldn't be fair -- sometimes the replays just don't exist to be uploaded.

pascal3000
02-01-2008, 09:54 PM
I should note that when select members of the staff upload masses of replays, we don't hold others accountable for the 5 replay minimum since that wouldn't be fair -- sometimes the replays just don't exist to be uploaded.

*cough* :blush:

UnlockTheArcane
02-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Don't make me call Dick Cheney and cause an "accident".

fridginators
02-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Don't make me call Dick Cheney and cause an "accident".WCR: We know Dick Cheney.

Lockon
02-05-2008, 12:53 PM
Just to inform people on how we will be contacting: We won't be getting in touch with people prior to the 10th, which is also the due date for applications.

We will use whatever contact information you provide, but we do ask that you use some sort of AIM/MSN, or other form of chat program so we're able to keep in touch about work in real time.

SuBVerSa
02-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Erm, how many spots are available exactly?

JokerZ
02-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Staff usually don't tend to mention that when hiring. I guess however many awesome people apply = the number of people they hire :D

GL with the hirings.

UnlockTheArcane
02-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Erm, how many spots are available exactly?
The Number of Hooker Sacrified to Bluedot H minus the number of hookers found by 7smurfs F divided by the number of times phreak has gone out with a woman T.

Oh crap.

Shackleb0lt
02-06-2008, 01:46 PM
If my calculations are correct, then that number tends to...

oh damn

RedRagToAnOrc
02-09-2008, 10:29 AM

oh damn

This post is epic.

pascal3000
02-09-2008, 10:48 AM

oh damn

ITSnot OVER NINETHOUSAND!!!!!!1111

7smurfs
02-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Enough spam guys, this are serious topic.

FearOfTheFlesh
02-15-2008, 02:50 PM
so this topic should be closed then since the due date for the application is the 10th.

UnlockTheArcane
02-15-2008, 02:51 PM
why does it matter. what is your purpose in posting here? who is your leader?

Goddel2
02-18-2008, 05:57 AM
why does it matter. what is your purpose in posting here? who is your leader?
if i write a script that list the links to every replay of every wc related site 0day in one page so the replay staff can take it will that count ^^

LouisArmstrong
02-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Just curious if you have began to start contacting people yet? Due to your statement of contacting people if they weren't being considered and its well after the 10th now too to contact people that are being considered. Just curious thx.

SuBVerSa
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
I think they have.

fridginators
02-20-2008, 12:17 AM
They've been chosen. If you haven't been contacted, bad luck dudes.

LouisArmstrong
02-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Thats crap I woulda done great :P