PDA

View Full Version : Replay Staff Hiring

Lockon
03-20-2008, 01:41 PM
The Replay Department is looking for fresh meat, so if watching replays is your bag, feel free to apply!

Our current policy is that descriptions are not required, so writing ability is not of the most importance. It is important, however, that you are able to present yourself in a professional way. Your work will be viewed by thousands and you may be working directly with our replay submitters, so being able to write with proper English is important. We ask for a sample description soley to get a feel for how well you can write.

If you'll be able to upload at least 5 replays per week, then you should send your application to applications@wcreplays.com with the following information:

- Name
- WCR Handle (forum name)
- Contact Information (AIM, MSN, ICQ or IRC)
- Why should we pick you?
- Why are you interested?
- Sample Description

While all information is needed, the most important thing is the sample description. Applications without all the information, especially the sample description, will NOT be considered. While length is good, we're looking for people who have a solid grasp of the English language and can cover the key points of a game in a short but informative manner.

Sample descriptions should not be more than two paragraphs. Just provide a summary like you would if it was being prepped for the front page. For the replay itself, just pick any recent game from the top replay section and include a link in the email.

You have until March 31st to get your application in. We won't review applications until that date. Please take your time creating something that will separate you from the rest of the applicants.

Please use "Replay Staff Application" for the subject of your email. We cannot view your application otherwise due to spam that we receive in the application email.

This position, like all others at the site, is strictly voluntary. You will not receive any payment, but will have access to the same site benefits that all staff members do.

Be sure you can submit replays via the Member Replays section. If you cannot, you won't be able to use the real one and joining Replay Staff would be pointless. The link is here (http://www.wcreplays.com/mwcrdesc.html).

---
We are looking for people with a strong work ethic and invite each replay department member to contribute their ideas and personalities to our cause. Again, please note that when sending this in your work will be viewed by thousands of people, and your writing should reflect that.

One of the benefits to working for WCReplays is that it will educate you in public relations, presenting your ideas, participating in a staff, and creating responsibility for your schedule. The job gives you a chance to build a network of friends that often times extends beyond the site.

Hope to see you apply! We are looking for two to three people.

Ciel
03-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Go Replay Staff!

2k8.Tom
03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Rep Staff 4 Lyfe

ChickenHawk
03-20-2008, 05:20 PM
already applied, but got no response!
if i was working on replay submitting, honestly id have ever pro replay EVER up on here!!

Squishy_Paladin
03-20-2008, 05:47 PM
What kind of replays are you looking for if I got the job, pro games or maybe just interesting ladder games? I'm thinking of entering, as I watch quite an amount of replays a day.

2k8.Tom
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
already applied, but got no response!
if i was working on replay submitting, honestly id have ever pro replay EVER up on here!!
Don't expect a response any time soon... It took them a week or two to contact me.

ChickenHawk
03-21-2008, 04:01 PM
wells its already been like 2 weeks, admins are really slow here

UnlockTheArcane
03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Since it has been 2 weeks and this was posted yesterday. You weren't applying when we were hiring.

Lockon
03-21-2008, 04:59 PM
You have until March 31st to get your application in. We won't review applications until that date. Please take your time creating something that will separate you from the rest of the applicants.

ChickenHawk, this is a new hiring. You didn't receive a response before we didn't feel your application was up to par with the others.

Lockon
03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
And now I can put my foot on my mouth.

ChickenHawk, you were one of the guys who thought our search for replay submitters was a hiring for the replay staff. Oh and it had been four days since you requested to become a submitter. Not two weeks.

Stig
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
I will send my application in soon.

Squishy_Paladin
03-26-2008, 05:17 AM
I will send my application in soon.
This.

Squishy_Paladin
03-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Application sent.

Lockon
04-02-2008, 11:07 AM
We are actively reviewing all of the applicants and will be sending out replys as soon as possible.

Squishy_Paladin
04-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Any update as to how far along the process you are?

Silent Bob
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Application sent

Squishy_Paladin
04-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Application sent
Entries closed about 2-3 weeks ago :(