PDA

View Full Version : Some random WC crap from me

Reesa-chan
05-14-2004, 02:16 PM
I've done a bit of WC fanart (none of it is anything spectacular), so I decided to just lump everything together in one post and save space and the angst of mods. Most of these are just sketches and unfinished stuff so... Yay. :)

http://nal.gotwow.net/reesa/maievilli.jpg (Sketch)
This is my latest - I have some weird thing about Maiev and Illidan, just don't ask. ^^ I had to scan it in 2 pieces so that's why it lookis weird; I'm horrible at combining in Photoshop.

http://www.angelfire.com/emo/rubix/kael.html (Inked)
Kael'thas for a friend. His ears are on fire. XD

http://nal.gotwow.net/reesa/gallery/illidanpencil.jpg (Finished)
A double panel of rencil renderings of Illidan from the TFT intro, done for a school project. I messed up his mouth. -.-

http://nal.gotwow.net/reesa/gallery/warcraftxmas.jpg (Finished)
My Christmas/holiday card from this past year.

http://www.angelfire.com/emo/rubix/dying.html (Sketch)
Spawn of depression (yay).

http://www.angelfire.com/emo/rubix/huntress.html (Sketch)
Huntress on her mount. I can't draw glaives. x.x

http://www.angelfire.com/emo/rubix/wc3chibis.html
This is a collection of chibis I'm working that includes heroes. I still hafta update this sometime...

Sorry for the gay Angelfire pages, I'm still working on transfering everything over to my other space. Comments/critcisms/flames are all welcome! Thank you for looking. ^^

Krossinc
05-14-2004, 02:38 PM
Good good. Some were, of course, better than others. Actually, I enjoyed the chibis the most out of all of them, made me laugh on quite a few

Snowi
05-14-2004, 02:44 PM
Very nice, clean lines. I too must say the chibis were funny. but Illidan looked pretty dang realistic too. Huntress looked pretty nice too =]

no0
05-14-2004, 02:56 PM
you forgot this one :D
http://nal.gotwow.net/reesa/gallery/darkweaverfelore.jpg

all of them are so good, I can't even draw a straight line =[

AnCouLer
05-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Omg they are all magnificent!!!!!!
I like the last ones..
It looks like ''warcraft junior''

TitanicMind
05-14-2004, 08:13 PM
Omg they are all magnificent!!!!!!
I like the last ones..
It looks like ''warcraft junior''
ROFL yeah man Wc3 junior... lol instead of the spell "sleep" its now called "nap time" :rofl: also the drawings you did about the TFt intro is damn awsome. gj

pxl.twn
05-14-2004, 08:53 PM
wow @ the TFT intro and :lol: @ Kael'thas, great job.

StyLe
05-16-2004, 02:33 AM
Could i use some of the chibi's for a website logo or a sig or something, they are awesome!

Reesa-chan
05-18-2004, 01:29 AM
Wow, lots of feedback. O_O More than I expected. XD Forst off, thank you all for the comments! I suck at individual thank-yous so I'm just gonna write a general response (unless someone asked a question or something). ^^

My chibis are one of my prizes. XD I had a few other colored, but unfortunately, the harddrive on my puter died before I had a chance to upload them. So they'll never surface. ._.

no0 - I purposely left a few out; decided to post only my favorites/best. XD That one you posted up is pretty old, but thank you. ^o^ *feels loved*

StyLe - Yes! As long as I am credited SOMEWHERE (like if you use it for website layout). ;p I don't want to sound like a prude/bitch but finding your artwork somewhere and not getting any credit for it really blows. Has happened to me before. Just remember my name if you use one for a sig. ^^

*kicks I)reaI)* XD

Thank you again, guys!! ^^ *cookies*

WC_ASD
05-18-2004, 05:32 AM
I'm sorry I'm not buying it. I don't think you're the original artist. The sketches show anatomy problems, big ones. Where as the digitaly made pictures don't.

KenDeathwalker
05-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Well you can pretty much disregard everything WC_ASD says. Its obvious hes a moron.
What anatomy problems? be specific, stop trying to sound like you know what your talking about. I hate people like you.

WaZaKaShI
05-18-2004, 03:57 PM
I've personally seen those sketeches in her artbook...so i don't know where this crackhead is coming from :p
WC_ASD, you shouldn't just run out and accuse people, just makes you look dumb in the long run

WC_ASD
05-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Well you can pretty much disregard everything WC_ASD says. Its obvious hes a moron.
What anatomy problems? be specific, stop trying to sound like you know what your talking about. I hate people like you.
Ok, since you're being all high and mighty I might aswell critisize. In the first picture of Maiv and Illidan his hands (and even more his forearm) is way out of proportion. Now I'll probably hear some blabbering that he has demonic powers so that doesn't matter, well it does. It's not astheticly pleasing to see some hero with gigantic hands. Then I'd look at Micky Mouse sketches and not at him (exaggerated). Now there was another thing but I seemed to have forgotten. I am only able to see two of his images because angelfire doesn't work, but I am sure there's more to be said. What now Ken? I was speaking out my opinion. Don't have to start disregarding me.I know what I'm talking about, well partially, because the anatomy mistakes that I've seen are easily recognized. And guess what I hate people like you too.

I've personally seen those sketeches in her artbook...so i don't know where this crackhead is coming from :p.WC_ASD, you shouldn't just run out and accuse people, just makes you look dumb in the long run
I run don't run out and accuse people, I just don't believe her. You know how many times people have posted (and offended the law) by putting someone else's art her and taking credit for it? 2. And it was quite a big deal, since everybody was Uh-ing and Ah-ing them for something they did not do. Call me a crackhead, I just call you ignorant.

KenDeathwalker
05-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Yea you should have just left it as an ambigous "anatomy problems." do you know what foreshortening is? Objects that are closer would appear larger, its blatantly obvious that the artist was trying to do this, the scale in the work is not off, which is what you are implying while their are proportion issues with the figure, still has nothing to do with the scale. so why dont you try and sound like you know what your talking about one more time. Not to mention, It is only a sketch, you do know what a sketch is? oh, and I still hate you.

Reesa-chan
05-19-2004, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry I'm not buying it. I don't think you're the original artist. The sketches show anatomy problems, big ones. Where as the digitaly made pictures don't.

Well. That's an awfully heavy accusation you're laying upon me, ASD. Unless you have absolute proof, I advise against doing that; alot of artists are quite huffy about that issue and will get quite pissed off about it if the accusations are false.

You could at least be a little clearer about what you mean. Digitally made pictures? These were all hand-drawn and scanned and adjusted a little bit in Photoshop to cover up any major flaws (which just about everyone does), like erasing really stray lines and pencil smudges, and adjusting levels.

I would never think of stealing anyone else's artwork; not only do I have respect for other artists but the consequences are ridiculously heavy. Go ahead and look around the Net for these pics; you'll most likely find them on ONE website, which is MY website: http://nal.gotwow.net/reesa They might also be on http://www.geocities.com/kazamaceo but since I changed my domain and redirected to the new one, that one won't count. And I think that if I would steal someone's art, it would be GOOD art, art that is “anatomically-correct”, you know? But this is my shit art and I am proud to call my anatomically-incorrect and poorly-foreshortened figures mine.

Do you absolutely need solid proof? Would me rescanning each picture with my signature and a random doodle in the corner satisfy you? Want to intensify some lines, maybe do some refining for you? How bout I give you the numerous AIM names of friends of mine who have seen my sketchbook IRL and each of these drawings/sketches so you can get them verified? WaZa is my fiancé and, along with all his friends AND mine, has seen this stuff in MY sketchbook.

My point is that you need to bring up some proof before you accuse someone of stealing artwork. Picking out little anatomical details is NOT proof. They are SKETCHES, NOT finished artwork, as Ken pointed out.

And I’m sorry for being huffy, but this is bullshit; not once have I ever been accused of art theft and this quite thoroughly irritates me. I’ve been taking part in online communities for years and showing my artwork on them, and I have ALWAYS been taken as legitimate. You know why? Because it’s ACTUALLY MINE.

Crackhead, ignorant, I don’t care. Take your false accusations somewhere else because I’m not going to put up with them. :)

mountain dew
05-19-2004, 12:56 AM
good work on the pics. keep em up ;-)

kuni_hwoarang
05-19-2004, 07:15 PM
I cannot believe anyone would accuse Reesa of plagiarism. That has got to be a first.

1) Accusing people of plagiarism is a very serious charge, WC_ASD, and I suggest that next time you take it up with the artist in private rather than make an ass out of yourself in front of everyone. If you have no proof, you just look like a lone nut. Most plagiarizing artists will back off right away when you PM them about it, because if they do not have the confidence to post their own work, they do not have the confidence to stand up for themselves when they know they have done something wrong.

Better yet, contact the original artist of the plagiarized works and have them deal with it.

2) I have known Reesa for more than 2 years at another forum (tekkenzaibatsu.com); check there and you will find that -- holy crap! -- I am a moderator there. It is my job to seek out plagiarism, and I do so with a vengeance. I know the styles, and I have seen the prelim sketches for many of these. This artwork is all done by Reesa, end of story.

3) I know most internet artists are encouraged by the demanding fan-base to draw in one style only, so an artist who branches out and has more than one style might seem -- to the ignorant masses -- like their works belong to more than one artist. Oh, no! Heaven forbid that an artist should challenge herself by using different styles! If that is the best you can do, I suggest you start looking at art books of some of the great masters -- da Vinci, Michaelangelo, etc -- and see how many different media and styles they experiment with.

And yes, the command of anatomy, etc. varies from picture to picture. Artists are not machines who draw exactly the same way every time. Personally I do not agree with the crit you pointed out -- varying the size of hands is something called *style*, not anatomy issues, and there is our good friend called foreshortening, too. You are entitled to your opinions, of course, but you have no right to accuse someone of plagiarism over stylistic gripes.

3) If you wish to discuss this further with me, please email me at kuni_hwoarang@hotmail.com, as I do not intend to return to these forums.

Reesa, I know you can defend yourself just fine, but this thread made me see red. Keep up the good work; you know I look forward to seeing new artwork from you. :) *huggles Kael, then disappears*

WC_ASD
05-19-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't care I've been fooled several times so I take my precautions. No matter if it
is a very serious charge. And Ken, look at the hand for gods sake. I know when it's supposed to look like the hand is coming towards me (in a perspective thing) and when it's jsut lying there. Look at it. The hand could cover the Demon Hunters entire head.
Sketches don't have to wrong aswell, now do they?

Reesa-chan
05-20-2004, 03:09 AM
So are we done discussing this? Can this be a normal art thread again please? Obviously all that's left is the few sputtering flames that you all are attempting and that's pretty damn pointless. Since ASD has no comment toward either my or kunibob's (btw, thank you, hun *huggles* ^^) post, either he's dropping the subject or avoiding it. So... Are we done? Do you believe me yet, ASD?

why are you hosting from so many different sites, btw? wouldnt it be better to allocate all your stuff onto one server?

Because I'm lazy. ^^;; Never got around to uploading everything to my GotWow place (space was generously given to me by a friend not too long ago).

Thank you again for the comments on my work. ^^ *hugs her bubblebutt* You need to learn how to solve without flaming, my dear. ^_~

AnCouLer
05-20-2004, 07:19 AM
ROFL yeah man Wc3 junior... lol instead of the spell "sleep" its now called "nap time" :rofl: also the drawings you did about the TFt intro is damn awsome. gj

Yeah and mana burn is now called: Yogurt steel
rofl

and the beast master invocations are now teaddy bears...
The potm starfall is now hamburger fall...
and its the Ice tea that drunks the panda...
rofl

Reesa-chan
05-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Well, since you guys are so damned stubborn and I don't want my name tarnished (even though this forum doesn't really matter to me), as soon as my other puter is hooked up and working smoothly (hd just died last week, fucking thing), I'll provide some "solid evidence". For now, please just let this drop; it's pretty damn stupid.

WC Jr! XD The DH's new ultimate: ILLIDAN THROWS A TANTRUM! Oh, shit!

Krucifix85
05-21-2004, 11:48 AM
PIC1: Simplicity at its greatest. The use of white here, really makes the objects take a bi focus (although not a fan of the red dash)

PIC2: WOW, i really like the definition of Inked Drawings (plus the fact, that you have to draw them perfectly, first time, or its, 'start over' time again) and this is NO exception. (he makes me wanna chuckle too)

PIC3: PHWOAR, is the expression which describes this. The pencilled detail (especially his horns) is awesome! the detail is beautfil (if u hadn't have mentioned his mouth, i may not have noticed it :p)

PIC4: LOL i've already seen this one, a mate of mine sent it to me sumtime this week, haha shows how ur works gets around ey?

PIC5: Again i really like ur simplistic sketches, theres something about them (the detail that is 'there'? or perhaps the detail that is 'insinuated' if that makes sense :s ) that really catches my eye, GW!!

PIC6: Couldn't get this to work, was always out of focus :(

PIC7: LOL CHIBIS YEY, i thought i wasn't going to see more INKED drawings from you, much <3 (*awww so cute* @ bem)

FINAL PIC: The quality of pic isn't there like the others, but the detail certainly is :D

well basically, as if u couldnt tell, i thought all ur pics sucked, and were crap. :p ;D

much <3 and if there was a +fav option, you would get 10^10^10^10 of them from me :D

PS:

The sketches show anatomy problems, big ones. Where as the digitaly made pictures don't.
um where are the 'digitaly made pictures'? i would like to see them ^^
If you're reffering to the INK drawings compared to the sketches, well duuuhhh, they are of different styles!!

WC_ASD
05-22-2004, 02:26 AM
No, there are picture that are done on computer...I refer to the as digital.

Krucifix85
05-23-2004, 01:56 AM
so where are they? i would like to see them.

StrykerD
05-23-2004, 02:07 AM
personally i think they all rock.. and asd+whoever else is fighting, reading the argument posts makes my head hurt.. please take it somewhere else t.t

snaska
05-25-2004, 02:31 PM
Damn nice. the huntress was awesome.

Lidow
05-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Nice stuff there, I've always loved chibi drawings and your's are nice ^^. Just wish you had a few more colored ones on there, but it's all good.

Reesa-chan
05-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Thank you guys again! ^^ I think it's awesome how well the chibis are going over... I know for a fact that alot of people don't find them "art" but I really enjoyed drawing these... And they came alot better than any other chibis I've done.

As for the inking and coloring - I've been trying to improve my pencilwork lately, so I've been doing alot of sketching and pencil rendering. Hopefully, I'll have a new finished NE piece up sometime soon; just finishing something is a task for me. :D I love inking though! You'll definitely see more inked stuff from me in the future. ^^ Coloring kinda discourages me; I'm not very good at it. =x I had a few in-progress colored things coming, but (like I said before I think), my harddrive just died and I lost everything.

So you can imagine how encouraged about THAT I am. =/

But, yay. ^^ *shuts up with her rambling*

IC.Shadow
06-14-2004, 04:09 AM
I pruned about 12 posts from this thread, all pointless arguing and fighting.

Nakedman
06-14-2004, 04:46 AM
wow your artwork is very good, i was looking at your last link (all your hero artwork) it is very impressive!

Reesa-chan
06-15-2004, 12:57 AM
Thank you, Shadow! Yay for all bullshit aside!

Thanks, Nakedman. ^^

jcbutai
06-15-2004, 10:07 AM
WOW, that is amazing. I love ur art.

Chibis are soo cute :)

gekko-
06-15-2004, 06:14 PM
very nice. try making like a mini comic with those chibis make a mini cartoon

Raimu
06-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Lol Check this out, my first time using Paintshop pro, I just think Ressa-Chan did a good job inking in his Priestess so I colored it, I hope you dont mind :P