Post New Thread

Thread: Control differences from starcraft

Control differences from starcraft

So back when I first started RoC, I kept getting the same issue while controlling units: if I gave commands too soon after I selected a unit via hotkey, the command would go to the previously selected unit, so I would end up with wisps heading where I wanted my army to be instead of building moonwells.

I had just come from Starcraft at that point, and this sort of timing never gave me problems then. My APM is not even that high, so I thought this was unusual. Did any of you ever have this issue?

I've since fixed it by waiting a tiny bit to give commands after using a hotkey, but now that I am really trying to increase my APM, I'm wondering if this is going to limit me.

That's strange since selection of hot keyed groups doesn't lag. It's when you right to move is when it lags. It's either you are really lagging or you have the itchy trigger finger syndrome where you right click before select the group, even if you lag you should always select the group first. that's why I always make it a habit to select the group first before moving for example

Probably just lag/delay/your computer

Director Emeritus
    Hearthstone Fanatic

What? Probably your PC. If I issue a command really really quickly after switching groups it just doesn't register. But it has to be virtually the same time.

"This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature, whiny assholes - because the immature, whiny assholes are louder." -- Dan Amrich

I think thats a "bug" in the early roc versions, not sure

Post New Reply

Thread Information