Post New Thread

Thread: Problems crashing 2-3min in a game

Problems crashing 2-3min in a game

As the title reads I have been having this problem where my game will crash 2-3min into it. From what I have researched it is solely nvidia's failure at making good drivers.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem, and if they did/do what did you do to fix it?

Anyone have any ideas? I have tried just about everything I can think of. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if I wont be able to get back to your questions right away, I am not ignoring this thread like a dick, just got something else that I am going to at the moment.

most likely hardware issue, drivers are outdated[or bad], or memory issue.

get those utilities from guru2d or whatever that wipe out previous video card drivers- reboot -- then install new ones from nvidia.com or from your manufacturer(LIKE HP, DELL)

if that doesn't work, do the full memtest scan to check memory is your problem.

& if it still crashes, uninstall wc3, run CCLEANER, Re-install direct X, re-install wc3, do update from bNET and then check if you still are crashing.

you can also try to open up your case, take out your memory 1 at a time and blow slowly on it, clean the area and switch the slots around.

I have done all of what you have suggested, what it seems to be though is the nvidia drivers. Many people are having the same problem with a wide variety of video cards, I really just don't know what to do. Was seeing if anyone on wcr had similar problems to see if they had fixed it.

Also, the problem doesn't only persist in wc3, it is in other games such as tf2.

ok, now, OS? But regardless of your OS, you should probably update your drivers. My nVIDIA 9500gt sucks horribly without the newest drivers by nVIDIA.

the problem with that is, they crash my computer anyway no matter what driver.

it is not just me that is affected, a lot of other people are being affected by constant crashing. I have tried the newest drivers, and of course it freezes.

It is not a power problem, it is not a memory problem, it is not a overheating problem, it is not a BIOS problem, it is not my OS either, really lost here... wish i could fix it. Definitely spent 20+hours on trying to resolve the problem. Really frustrating.

I would say 100% hardware, but the reasoning for my thought against it is that there is a lot of people affected, and the common variable only seems to be the nvidia drivers. I have the newest drivers I am testing out again where the supposedly fixed the problem, but I will have to check out more later on it.

now, what's the card?

Yeah post your specs dude cmon. So just trial and error. put another vcard and if it doesn't crash then you may have a defective vcard. if it still crashes then it could be something else like the processor, or remotely drivers. Don't use beta drivers. remember to uninstall before you update, or use that driver cleaner thing cuz overwriting drivers may cause issues.

Post New Reply

Thread Information