FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Human vs. NE on GW

the problem isnt the piercing damage, its the poision

Keeper of the Groove

just take my word for it guys.. expo in the middle mines

no

losing and whining is more fun

400 Point Level

I always down this map if I'm playing Hu for a few good reasons. If you match orc, you have to outplay the orc to stand a chance vs. BM. As orc, I abuse the hell out of the well at mid against humans and expoing is possible, but if you do, then the orc gets map control and out expos you anyways.

Ne is at least as much of a pain as orc is because if they keep wisps near the mines you try and expand at, they can easily inflict serious damage to you if you try to expo. DR arch out creeps you easily on this map and lets them get center fairly early if you're not careful. DH hunts makes for one of the most annoying harassing situations and the chances of a close spawn are not very good. Once NE gets bears on this map, they can abuse the well at mid whether it's mana or health and that basically keeps you on defense the whole game. You can try to stop their counter expo, but unless you beat them to 80 pop and push, the NE will likely win in the long run.

This map is not favorable against UD's either because if they go ghouls and you try to expo at the mid mines, they can sometimes stop the expo or at the very least delay it a great deal. Then mass destroyers or gargs>your expo. They can easily get 2-3 gargs to creep mid and dominate the map.

I think that should be enough of a reason for you to down the map. If you decide not to, then a tier 2 tower push against close spawn orcs and ne's works. Or if you're far spawn, then expo and attempt to keep an economic advantage.

close spawn chance is 40% thats not terrible....

400 Point Level

True 40% chance isn't terrible, but I meant that if you scout in the wrong direction a 1/5 chance is pretty low. In that case, you are counting on them scouting in the direction towards you and you are still assuming that they are your neighbor and didn't scout early for some reason.

After recently playing GW I found it was quite easier to creep the middle mines compared to the spawn mines. Yes the posion is there but you got your water elementals so it can take the damage. Just play some games against a comp to get the creeping of it down its alot better. I change my argrument. :P

Post New Reply

Thread Information