Post New Thread

Thread: best marinades

best marinades

Hey WCR,
    I kinda suck at cooking, but I'm slowly but surely becoming broke as shit so I gotta stop eating out so much. I'm also trying to get in shape (which has been going really well; Muay Thai classes are a fun way if anyone else has trouble keeping motivated).

So basically I'm eating a bit healthier and will probably end up eating lots of chicken breast (boneless). I guess it's still not the cheapest way to eat, but I have a really cheap grocery store near my house that sells 2 decently sized boneless chicken breasts for $4(CAD).

My question (as you may have guessed by now) is what WCR's favorite marinades are. I've gotten pretty comfortable with marinating something for 12-48 hours by now, but I'm a bit tired of the churrasco sauce I've been using for chicken and the oyster marinade I've been using for my occasional steaks.

I'm thinking I could go for something peanut-y for chicken. Without further ado, what are some of your favorite simple-to-make or bottled marinades that can add some much needed variety. Churrasco has me covered for a spicy sauce I think, but I'd still like to hear what people think.

Oil, garlic, honey and some thyme (get fresh if you can). Wonderful marinade for steak, haven't tried it with chicken.

Post New Reply

Thread Information