Post New Thread

Thread: Problem connecting to Battle.net

Problem connecting to Battle.net

A couple weeks ago I started having wierd issues with my DSL network. It would start having 'limited connectivity', cut out completely, or tell me I was connected but not send or receive any infos. This was intermittent but eventually I couldnt get online at all.

I got on the phone with network support guys and they were pretty baffled. Eventually after resetting the modem, DNS and IP numbers a bunch of times, it started working again, but no one is sure exactly why.

So now I can get on the internet, send email etc. but when I try to go on Battlenet it says I'm not connected/may be trying to access invalid Bnet server.

One other thing- I've been using an alternate DSL network while I've been having these problems which does work BUT its way slower than my normal one and too laggy to play WC3. Im wondering if using the IP address of that network somehow makes Bnet stop me from logging in with a differnt IP addy??

It seems more likely that my regular network is still just screwed up somehow. I'm not using a router so I'm gonna get one and see if that helps. Anyway I'm not a real technical guy so if anyone has advice I'd love to hear it.

If this is in the wrong forum or whatev mods do your thing.

Tech Staff
    Julemanden

Have you tried using another computer with the same modem? That would help determine if its related to something on your computer or not.

I tried another computer with the same modem when the network was not working and it still didnt work, so that issue is not with my computer.

Unfortunately, I cant test Bnet on another computer because I lost my TFT cdkey a long time ago...

Sorry for this shameless bump but I really do need some advice.

I've determined that the problem is not with Battle.net and any kind of temp ban or whatever. Nothing is wrong with my computer, either.

WHAT is wrong with my network that I can got on the internet, send email, download stuff etc. but NOT connect to Bnet? Help??

it is easy to extract your cdkey if you got it installed. I think it is a hack tool or something that allows you to do that. Easy to google it.

Post New Reply

Thread Information