Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Too much vitamin consumption bad?

Peon

Too much vitamin consumption bad?

you're fucked

Idk about these vitamins but the ones with Iron can kill you. Too much Iron in your blood is fatal.

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

You really eat that many? Well, I'm not an nutritionist, organic chemist, or anyone who has authority on the subject, but I know people who would take large doses of niacin which they said allowed them to pass drug tests when they were on probation. They said the pills made them feel like shit, like their whole body was burning. So that could be one thing. The other thing I've heard is that when you consume all these vitamins and other chemicals in such concentrated amounts, your body doesn't digest/absorb a lot of them so you don't actually receive the benefit of 10,000% of vitamin whatever.

But again, I'm no expert. This is just what I've heard.

i heard when you eat more vitamines than your body needs you simply waste the rest,tahts all

Yes excessive vitamins can get toxic, you'll have to research per vitamin. But the numbers don't look much like I use to take 1000mg of vitamin C a day, max tolerance at 2000mg. Excessive vitamin A can get toxic, the toxicity of vitamin A is 25,000 IU/kg of body weight with chronic toxicity occurring at 4,000 IU/kg of body weight daily for 6–15 months... plus other ingredients that are not even vitamins like the acids, glucose etc watch out for diabetes, ulcer, whatever.

300 Point Level

most like you just piss out the excessive vitamins.

Generally, too much of anything is bad for you.

You'll likely be shitting them out in liquid form.

don't worry you'll just pee them out.

Too high doses of the fat soluble vitamins (A,D,E) can be toxic. An excess dose of vitamin C mostly gives you expensive urine. Too much vitamin B can also be toxic.

If you have a craving, go buy some candy instead. A lot cheaper and probably healthier.

800 Point Level

i have prescription for acne (quite annoying on upper back) and the pills are ~100% of A-vitamin so it dries skin A LOT, have to use lotion daily and lip cream, nose oil etc. dont know about other vitamins

It is indeed bad. You will die soon (next 80 years)

400 Point Level

Different vitamins have different side effects when overdosing. Vitamin C for example will give you diarrhea after overdosing for a few days.

50 Point Level

I heard an overload of iron can be fatal, thank god those don't have any in them or you'd be fucked.

Seriously you should stick with a fruit snack... wtf I don't even..

Not bad and not even really good for you

vitamins are sort of a scam. You get most of what you need through regular eating unless ofcoures your diet is extremely crap. Youre just paying for expensive vitamin pee.

I recently had some lessons in pharmasutica.

Before a new medicine goes on the market they test it (duh!). They test it on rats, monkeys and humans (not all three persee). Than what happens is they make a graph. The graph shows a limit in what amount a drug can cause damage to the body. The lower the limit the more laws get attached to the drug to prevent OD. So when a drug/medicine/vitamine-pill goes in to your shops they know how high that limit of risk of OD is. Obviously when you can buy it freely at either drug-store or supermarket it has the least amount of restrictions attached to it, meaning that the limit on that line is very high.

So the risk of ODing is very small! You would have to take redicilous amounts of the stuff before you would get any complaints.

However obsiously; ignoring the advice of a drug-company is very stupid.

Yes, too much vitamin consumption is bad if it's the fat-soluble kind. For example too much iron, vitamin A, etc can poison you and make you really sick. If it's water soluble though it doesn't matter, you can take tons of vitamin C and it won't make you ill or die.

Staff Director
    Venti Double Double

There are two classes of vitamins, those that are soluble in water and those that are soluble in fat. While it is theoretically possible to die from excessive intake of water-soluble vitamins, it ain't gonna happen. The ones that are soluble in fat can be lethal from crazy consumption, but you'd have to push that pretty hard to suffer ill effects.

The niacin "flush" that WPA alluded to is real, and many of the B vitamins effect central nervous system function -- you'll feel pretty shitty if you take too much. (Think of downing six Red Bulls to get the idea.)

Buy a bag of gummy bears, ya freak.

Post New Reply

Thread Information