Post New Thread

Thread: ITT list situations to go Devotion Aura with pally

100 Point Level

ITT list situations to go Devotion Aura with pally

1.) Pally first with rifles

2.) ???

As a third hero is when it's confusing, especially in massive army 4s/FFA situations, because you always see divine shield, but devo aura seems like the most underrated aura in the game. Have you seen any Jon_Irenicus replays where those rifles will just NOT DIE? You even skill holy/aura/holy/aura/aura vs non-UD's.
    (02:57 / All) HarrroPrease: why say anythingf if ur gonna play like a !@!@&#
    (03:01 / All) HarrroPrease: just be a !@!@&# and be done with it
    (03:04 / All) HarrroPrease: i mean seriously
    (03:13 / All) HarrroPrease: just learn to actually play the game u fucking !@!@&#

I go pally aura when I am doing 4v4 rt tanks knights.

In 1v1 it depends, sometimes I max holy light, and then only do 1 divine shield, rest go to aura and ulti, and sometimes I don't and just go divine shield, if my enemy is something like Undead or is notorious for mass nuking and focusing heroes.

Devotion Aura is in fact better than even trueshot aura. +1.5 armor means about +8-9% damage reduction, meaning about 10% more effective HP. It then also affects not just ranged but melee and even worker units if you pally happens to be in your town.

Stop whining and play the cards you're given.

In team games: always good. In solo: Always desireable but never practical. Theres just too much emphasis on hero killing. You get more advantage with the shield if youre playing against any cookie cutter strat.

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

I'm pretty sure pros would sometimes go MK/Pally vs orc on appropriate maps like MV. Usually they would get divine shield because they are up against BM/SH, but sometimes they would go devotion aura. It's good against bats and my thoughts are if his hero levels aren't too out of control, then maybe. If not at level 2, maybe at level 4 so you at least get a point in divine shield. Besides that, I'm not sure, but I guess any time you have pally and you're confident that your pally won't die to focus, and the same point about level 4 still stands if you think you need a point of divine shield.

probably fairly viable vs elf or in mirror at level 4 in solo, granted this would be rare since it would be super late game as your third hero. vs orc/ud it's probably not worth it since the extra length of DS at level 2 will be critical to keeping your heroes alive.

Jon irenicus the king of Pali rifles goes Light / aura /light / aura / aura , even vs Orc.

Combined with max upgrades , scroll of healing / protection and a bloodmage to banish / light ( full hp at lvl2) / vanishing blademaster
    It's pretty strong and has proven to beat top euro orcs , but is easier to watch then to do.

As an orc player i hope they go aura, that way i can focus him down without the threat of the human player popping divine shield. I can see it being viable with mass air vs bats. Even one upg on gryphons and hawks plus the aura makes bats pretty useless. You need 3 beastiary's pumping bats and an expo to win vs that. For the record Aura is 1.5 then 3 then 4 or 4.5?

^1.5/level.

Divine shield is generally better vs elf, because it prevents mana burn. Also good vs shadow strike, entangle or silence. So unless youre facing potm, panda or bem, you probly want the shield.

Actually, scratch panda from that list. The auras not very useful with all that bof going on.

Besides, its useless vs poison damage. (Dryads, orb)
    Last edited by justbritto; 07-28-2014 at 02:00 AM.

300 Point Level

I think if the HU is on 2 bases & has an 80 food army, then going devotion aura on a paladin if the paladin is the 3rd hero is often a good idea.

In solo, the only time to get devotion is if you are playing against mass bats, but even then, sometimes you really need divine shield.

Am I the only one who goes shield first with paladin 3rd in 4v4RT because he'll just die immediately otherwise?

Accounts Coordinator
    Mad-eye

^Just get staff and be very careful with him. Keep him in the back and if he gets focused, by heroes, bolt focus his heroes while running pally away to make him back off. He's useless without light or devotion aura. And level 5 AM has the same armor but less HP than level 1 paladin, plus he's obviously more important to keep alive, so holy light would be more useful. Even with a more durable first hero, I'd rather have light.

300 Point Level

Okay, I'll be honest... I often do level 1 devotion with pally as a 3rd hero cause I'm too lazy to micro. XD

Post New Reply

Thread Information