Post New Thread

Thread: Trouble against orc

Trouble against orc

Ok, so I've been having a lot of trouble against orc and I just decided that I've had enough of that, so I watched the two last games of Lucifer vs Farseer very closely and tried to notice everything he did exactly alike in both the games and I found a lot of pretty solid guidelines (most of which everyone should know, but more perfected timing ^^).
    This is actually more like audio commentary keywords than a guide, but I guess it'll help out anyways...

Ok, in the second game he didn't use shades and the whole game he was pretty much fighting Farseer, so the timing of the attacks is solely based on game 3.

Tier 1:
    Graveyard
    Crypt
    Altar
    Ziggurat
    Ghoul (it should get out just as the graveyard finishes, so you can gather lumber there)
    Tomb of Relics
    - When the ziggurat finishes
    Death Knight
    Fiend
    Ziggurat
    Fiend
    Slow tower
    Fiend
    Fiend
    Fiend
    Acolyte (Game 3)
    Tech (You should be at 29/30 or 30/30 food)
    Ziggurat
    Upgrade fiends attack
    Get a third ghoul for lumber

Now let's rewind a little.

When the third fiend comes out, you go to harrass the Orc. Try to take out anything that's being built and take out his shop (it's essential for the Orcs). If he isn't building anything or doesn't have shop, go for peons or burrows, but you can be happy because he is slower than you

Ok, back to where we were.

Tier 2:
    Get a Lich, that's the highest priority. You want to have level 3 here, but it's not extremely important, just important.
    Get a slaughterhouse and another ziggurat when it's about halfway done.
    He chose to skill his Lich like this: Frost Armor (!) / Nova / Nova / Frost Armor / Nova
    Research Burrow when you have enough money for it
    Statue
    Fiend
    Fiend/Statue - I'd go statue, but if you micro like Lucifer does you can just select the statue and press C and B all the time and you'll get both HP and mana, only you can't put it on autocast.
    Sacrificial pit
    Tech (You should be at 49/50 food)
    Ziggurat
    Web

Great, so now let's take a look at when to attack here.

He chose to attack when he got to 40/40 food, but from what I've learned you can also go just when you hit Tier 2 (don't wait for your Lich) and take out his building beastiaries. You want to be on your way when you hit Tier 2, not start going when you hit it.

Tier 3 is when you start going flexible for real!

Tier 3:
    Ghoul Frenzy
    Destroyer upgrade
    Get a Crypt Lord and skill him as usual (Impale / Carapace / Impale / Carapace / Impale)
    Make 2 acolytes and make shades out of them (I guess you could expo if you'd like)

Then you start getting destros, take out his burrows if you chain-morph, or if gets bats, web them and chainmorph AFTER that.

So that's pretty much what I got out of it - I hope it will help you guys
    I'm not sure about when you should start making your CL, if it's before you start getting the destro upgrade or right after.

Thanks for reading, input and more tips are welcome!

Well i make 26/30 fiends
    Tech
    2 more ghouls
    30/30 zigg
    1 more fiend and Lich
    Slaughter at t2
    tech fast t3 and go destros
    attack his expo(he will probably get one at t2 95% orcs do that) when first destro come out
    from this point and on just keep massing fiend and destro -.-
    this point he will probably not have enough anti-air

Quote Originally Posted by milky_lazer
    nelf- strenght hero (cause they do not have a good tanking hero ,exept DH but just because the evasion)

Humm... I think thats the exactly build everyone always beats with mass air at T2, if Im not mistaken

I think the best bet for undead against orcs is going abos/fiends or (if you don't make it to abos in time) just frenzied ghouls with CL first with mass summons, this beats mass air without a question and is also pretty decent for fighting any other kind of army, especially if you add banshes to the game.

25 Point Level

plz nobody plays caster with ud anymore...
    and 3 ghuls are enough but i don't like the 1 supply thats not used and the notion to have to few wood so i also make 4 ghuls^^
    caster are so bad vs orc because air kills them without any problem if you don't we him the first seconds he comes with his army and despell counters it.
    each GOOD player (thats the condition^^) will win vs caster espasially orc

nice article Little Burrito
    you said somithing from to kill the t2 buildings when they are in work. Thats something you shoul try each time it may make the match when he doesn't comes to raiders or wivern for 2 minutes but its realy hard at orc so gl

Post New Reply

Thread Information