Post New Thread

Thread: new to night elf, questions

new to night elf, questions

hey im a undead player and have started to play night elf because i have gotten very bored of undead. i have been looking at what top nelf players do vs each race, and have a couple questions WHY they get certain things.

Ok so, it seems in the nelf vs hu matchup, the nelf always opts for dr/panda. why dr over dh? wouldnt dh be just as a strong alternative with his mana burn? only time i see top players go dh first vs HU is when there is no shop (im not saying they dont go dh, im just saying ive looked at like 10 diff replays and they all went DR/panda, sorry if the statement is completely inaccurate). ps. i understand why panda as second.. so.. ^^.

Also, in the nelf vs orc matchup, seems as a lot of people opt for dh/bm. why bm as second? i dunno he just seems like a pretty weak 2nd hero, wouldnt a naga second be better especially vs like.. grunts? or also, why not PL or something? pl seems like a good choice (maybe 3rd tho..) vs orc especially.

these are just a couple things i have been wondering the reasoning for, and plz feel free to throw any other tips/suggestions/etc at me as i'm not a very knowledgable nelf player )) (hell, im not even a nelf player! hah). thank you so much!

GauNTy

1) DR is very strong start game with his fast creeping and skeleton army, and if coming good TR by hum,its hard to fend off with DH.
    also DR can silence their casters, but mainly its cause strong early fight, which is on EI, mby TS,TR (many small creepcamps with many potentional skellies)

2) Panda vs hum,cause he is nice meetshield vs rifles, and best aoe in game, so he pwnz everyone except spellbreikers.
    3) Naga can help to kill some footies at t2, and also take out am out of fight,if he isnt ceraful, but vs mass rifles/ spellbreikers she isnt that good

1) Because DR's Black Arrow, owns the footman like pizzas. Especially if you get huntress, he will turn into a baked potato. Dr's black arrow, makes them ur minions, so its also a good counter against those potato militias

2)BM owns if you know to creep around like monkey. His quillboar with bloodlust can kill faster. And it can also be a distracting summon. And grunts go weak against those freaking DoTts. And 3rd, Tinker.....the pocket factory is annoying...This owns orcs...GG

have a good time...

200 Point Level

1. DR is very good vs tower rushes and fast expansions since peasants are killed quickly. And silence is good late game vs heroes/casters/hawks etc. DR isn't used as often on certain maps where tower rushes or fast expansions are less likely (cross spawn TR and TM for ex.) DR is best on maps like EI or TS that has lots of green creeps/creeps with a large # of creeps so you can mass skeles to further creep/harrass/scout.

2. BM 2nd vs orc for a couple of reasons. Summons help increase your army size and orc doesn't have great dispell especially at the early t2 where they have absolutely nothing. Quills are also very good at cancelling salves, which hurts the orc alot as orc never has much spare gold. That and with all "non-bear strats" you don't tend to have much meat up front and the BM is obviously good at that. And also helps in saving moon wells/wasting time by going back to base from creeping since your heroes aren't taking all the creep damage.

Naga is really bad in most situations vs orc. If you caught him creeping running near the tavern you might get naga to snag a few grunt kills but apart from that will die super quick to bm + sh and forked lightning isn't very good vs orc since the units have alot of hps. Point being that most likely by the time you have slowed a grunt enough to get it low your naga will have been focussed so much that she will just spend the entire time running and you probably won't even get grunt kills. PL isn't going to do much as a 3rd hero at all. RoF does so little damage @ lvl1 and is cancel by hex/ensnare and howl or w/e can just be dispelled by SWs since orc will have plenty by that stage of the game.

Post New Reply

Thread Information