Post New Thread

Thread: No sound on laptop

No sound on laptop

I recently reinstalled Windows XP on my laptop and since then the sound doesn't work. When I click on Volume Control in the Start menu, I get the message "There are no active mixer devices available" instead of the Volume Control menu. I did a search on Google and found out that usually the reason behind that is because Windows Audio is turned off. So I run services.msc and find that Windows Audio is turned on, but there still is no sound. So next I check the Sound and Audio Devices properties and it seems like the sound card isn't even detected. I have no idea what brand my sound card is so I have no idea how to install the driver for it. I did more searches on Google but found nothing so at this point, is there anything else that I can do to get the sound to work? Thanks.

EDIT: Problem is resolved...after 3 long hours I did a search to find out what sound card came with the model of the laptop and found their driver online and now it works.
    Last edited by finesse; 12-28-2007 at 11:30 PM.

50 Point Level

Is it the same sound card that came with your laptop? Is there an install disc that came with your laptop that you might need to use that contains all the drivers?

Post New Reply

Thread Information