Post New Thread

Thread: anyone know dvd authoring?

anyone know dvd authoring?

hey i got about a seasons worth of videos. i want to put them on a dvd for my uncle to watch. im encoding them with nero vision atm but putting 2 of the hour long video files per disc takes about 2 hours per disc. that time is clearly encoding time and is quite frustrating.

what would be the fastest way to get these files on to a disc that my uncle can view in a standard dvd player? is there any way of doing it without these massive conversion times? whatever software is suggested is fine. don't bother suggesting a new computer. the menus don't have to look nice, but ought to be functional at least.

Most DVD players can play DIVX files so I just burn the videos on to the DVD without any encoding or conversions.

I've used VSO Software's ConvertXtoDVD in the past and was very happy with it. It's extremely easy to use and will automatically setup menus for you. It isn't free, but well, you know.

It took about 25~ minutes to convert three 45-minute Xvid files to a burnable ISO on my Q6600.

thanks I'll try that.

Post New Reply

Thread Information